Tuesday, January 20, 2004

glowing red

For seven years I've been wishing my life away. For seven years I have been living for a moment in future.
Hours and days and months do not matter for as long as I get through them to...
do whatever it is that I'm so looking forward to do...

I mark my calendar and nothing else matters. It's hard and above all - wasteful.
I'm doing it again.

I moved into my apartment over the weekend.
For two days I cleaned and scrubbed.
I found a dead cockroach on my bedroom floor.
Seriously, an awkward situation - I'm scared to death of cockroaches.

I also made mental note of the local licquer store being closed on Sundays - you know...it's good to know.

Currently...
I'm enjoying a glass of wine and a million dollar sunset over the highrises...
There are stars in my sky
And the planes that come in like UFO's
The Empire State is glowing red tonight...

No comments: